I experimented with minimalism for a year and my whole life changed. Click through to learn more and learn how! Continue reading The One Thing You Need to Give Up to Change Your Life
Year-end best-of and 2016 to-dos. For auld lang syne, my dear! Continue reading Friday Favorite Five: Happy 2016!
1. 20 bizarre gifts for under $5 on Amazon, via Mashable Sharing mostly because I can’t believe this cute Nessie ladle is only $2. 2. 20 stylish ’70s movies everyone should see, via GQ From the fetish-y Clockwork Orange to super-preppy Love Story, it’s impossible to pick a fave. 3. Can you pass this financial literary test? via BoingBoing Only 33% of 150k people in 140 countries … Continue reading Friday Favorite Five
1. The Clairisonic Keith Haring colletion, via BeautyGeeks What?! Yes, I’ll take all three (and give away two, duh). I would like my favorite artist ever to share my bathroom with me. Proceeds support the Keith Haring Foundation. I think the DANCE one is my fave. Or LOVE. Or POP! Haha, hard to decide. You? 2. Three things you can do to grow more … Continue reading Friday Favorite Five
1. Will strengthening your hamstrings make them tighter? via Yogadork Turns out there is no scientific definition of “tight” regarding muscles(!). Click through for a pretty fascinating take on this stretching issue. 2. San Francisco’s 13 best local fashion labels, via SFist The hubs and I love Blade and Blue’s sharp men’s shirts! All the others mentioned here are excellent, as well. #shoplocal 3. A … Continue reading Friday Favorite Five
1. Photographer Mick Rock reminisces about shooting Ziggy Stardust, via Vice Unff! The dreamiest dream job ever in the universe. Backstage alone with Bowie?? With Bowie looking at you like that!?!? YES PLEASE THANK YOU VERY MUCH INDEED! 2. The UK has banned this Christina Hendricks Clairol red-to-blonde haircolor commercial for being misleading, via Jezebel Well, it IS misleading. You simply can’t go from red to blonde … Continue reading Friday Favorite Five
1. StatShot: a new way to track your Instagram likes, follows, and comments, via Photojojo Get a daily email with updates! For free! 2. Why Americans dress so casually, via The Washington Post A fascinating interview with Deirdre Clemente, a 20th-century cultural historian. 3. How the Smiths pioneered normcore, via GQ And on THAT note, here’s some evidence of the lingering effects of the dowdy-as-a-statement style worn by our favorite … Continue reading Friday Favorite Five