Sometimes the best thing about weekends is the breakfast. Now, I realize a lot of you put effort into breakfast every day, and I know I do. But I often have the same thing every day that I work. It’s only on the weekends that I branch out and, you know, go a little crazy!
This past weekend, I tell ya, we went super-crazy. Not only did we have pancakes, but we had chocolate-chip pancakes!
Of course, around here, those chocolate chips are sweetened with stevia, not sugar 😉
These chocolate-chip pancakes satisfied every little bit of my belly and my taste buds. I topped mine with ghee; my husband had his with Kerrygold butter and Grade B maple syrup. They’d be great with fresh fruit, too, or fresh chia jam (err, recipe coming soon, I promise!).
Oh! And the best way to have them, also? Is with tangerine tea. It really brings out the chocolate flavor and makes the whole breakfast taste like fall.
If you make any changes to the recipe, I’d love to hear! Enjoy 🙂
Gluten-Free Pancakes with Stevia-Sweetened Chocolate Chips
- 1-1/2 cups gluten-free pancake mix
- 1 egg or egg substitute equivalent
- 3/4 cup milk or milk alternative (I used Pacific Foods Unsweetened Original Hemp Milk)
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (or more?) stevia-sweetened chocolate chips (I used Lily’s Sweets Premium Baking Chips)
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the pancake mix, egg, milk, and oil until thoroughly mixed.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Let the mix stand while you preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- Melt the ghee in the pan.
- Using a 1/3 cup measuring cup, scoop out the mix and drop onto the skillet. Cook until top is bubbly. Flip and cook until golden brown.
- We were able to make 4 pancakes in two rounds this way, for a total of 8 pancakes. Adjust to your own needs as necessary!
- Goes amazingly well with tangerine tea. I had Yogi Tea’s Sweet Tangerine Positive Energy tea. So good!
Just a reminder: all product recommendations are my own and are not sponsored or paid for in any way!