Oh, I love these late days of summer! And I love the produce that goes with them, too.
Peaches have been particularly delicious to me this summer, but I’ve eaten plenty of them fresh and cold already. So when I received a gift of a bagful of fresh peaches recently, I knew there was only one thing to do: make a crisp!
I used what was on hand, including gluten-free all-purpose baking mix, Scottish oatmeal, and coconut palm sugar, so this is NOT a traditional recipe. You can try substituting your own ingredients and see how it turns out!
Hope you enjoy 🙂
Fresh Peach Crisp (Gluten-Free)
Ingredients: Crumb Topping
- 1/2 cup all-purpose baking mix (I used this)
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash of salt
- 1/4–1/3 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 4–6 fresh peaches, cored and sliced in 1/2-inch pieces (I left the peels ON!)
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose baking mix
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of salt
- dash of cinnamon
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the sliced peaches and 1/4 cup coconut sugar to coat. Let sit for 10-20 minutes until juicy.
- Combine all the ingredients for the topping in a different medium-sized bowl. Use a pastry cutter or fork to cut in the butter until the mixture becomes crumbly.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Mix together the rest of the filling ingredients in a small bowl, then add to the peaches and toss to combine.
- Layer the peach filling in a dish. I used an 8″x8″ glass dish, but you can use what you have that is similar.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly across the filling until covered.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes or until the top is set and turning golden.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving.
- Tastes AMAZING with coconut “ice cream” — I had it with Coconut Bliss Naked Coconut, and it was DIVINE.
Enjoy! Have a wonderful rest of your summer!