Here’s a nice, easy recipe that makes a delicious and pretty healthy treat when paired with summertime berries like strawberries.
I used what was on hand, but you can easily make this vegan or gluten-free by substituting some of the ingredients!
Hope you enjoy 🙂
No-Sugar-Added Chocolate Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup stevia-erythritol blend (I used Steviva) or granulated stevia
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the stevia blend and the butter until well mixed.
- Add in the bananas, yogurt, egg, and vanilla. With a hand mixer, beat until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet one, beating well.
- Pour the batter into a gently oiled and floured 9×5 inch loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack before slicing.