If you read my last post about protein bars and tried them yourself, I’m hoping you either loved them so much exactly the way they were that you didn’t change a thing OR that you changed up a bunch and made your own custom version!
As for me, I’ve now made several variations, including using Vanilla Chai Vega One, adding a lot more flax meal, omitting the honey… and my new, absolute favorite that I must share with you: Chocolate Almond Butter. TOTAL YUM.
If you like chocolate and almond butter, you will (hopefully) like these a lot! I have one for breakfast first thing in the morning (don’t even ask how early that is!) and it keeps me satisfied ALL the way until lunch. Your mileage may vary, so please don’t think that’s a serving size that fits all 😉
And once again, if you’ve customized your own based on either of these recipes, I’d love to hear what you did!
Have a beautiful week, wherever you are! 🙂
Chocolate Almond Butter Protein Bars
Ingredients for 18 bars
- 1 cup oatmeal — I used Scottish Oatmeal
- 1 cup raw almond butter (roasted is fine; I just like the flavor of raw)
- 1 cup flax meal
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 10 scoops Whole Foods 365 Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
- 2 cups cold water
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Pour into an ungreased 9×13 pan and spread until even.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool. Slice into 18 bars. Wrap individually and keep refrigerated. Enjoy!
Adjust the recipe as necessary for your needs and tastes. You can determine the nutritional content of your final product using Recipe Calculator.
Do you have a favorite snack bar?