If you followed my sprouts recipe from a few weeks ago, you’re probably already a sprout-making pro! But you might be wondering what else you can do with sprouted mung beans and sprouted lentils, besides adding them to salads and sandwiches. Not to mention, if you’re eating gluten-free, you might not even be eating sandwiches!
This bread is a delicious, wholesome alternative to store-bought breads and it’s also a fantastic way to use your sprouts!
This bread is an adaptation and blend of a couple of recipes I found online. It’s artisan-style, so not necessarily something you’d use to build a club sandwich or a Reuben 😉 But it is excellent toasted and spread with nut butter or cream cheese.
I apologize for the lighting in the photos, but sometimes you just have to work with what’s available…know what I mean? 🙂
Grain-Free Sprouted Bean Bread (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- 1 cup sprouted lentils
- 1 cup sprouted mung beans
- 1 cup garbanzo flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 chia egg (see recipe)
- 4 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. brown rice syrup
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the sprouted beans at medium speed until pasty.
- Use a hand mixer to mix in the flour, sunflower seeds, and all other ingredients.
- Grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the loaf pan. Sprinkle extra sunflower seeds on top if you like.
- Bake at 350F for 1 hour.
- Turn the oven off and let the bread sit inside for 1 more hour. Enjoy!
Adjust the recipe as necessary for your needs and tastes. You can determine the nutritional content of your final product using Recipe Calculator.
Have you ever used legumes in bread?
Do you have a favorite bread recipe?