Egg white and lemon: excellent in a meringue, even better on your face!
Eggs and lemons are two of nature’s super foods, loaded with vitamins, minerals, and protein (in the egg). But both are also excellent sources for natural skincare.
If you’ve been following along so far, you already know that lemon can brighten and lighten your skin, dissolving dark spots and even freckles. But eggs are equally excellent ingredients for glowing skin!
The proteins in eggs can help to heal, rebuild, and renew your skin. They are naturally astringent, which make them a great choice for those with oily skin, and their drawing powers help to remove and clear away blackheads.
You can leave this mask on for up to 15 minutes. You should feel it tightening as it dries. That’s how you know it’s working! Take some time to relax and renew while the mask does its work. You’ll feel and see the difference in no time!
Stuff to Know:
- Spot test any products or ingredients before using any homemade products on your face, head, or body, especially if you have sensitive skin or are prone to irritation and/or allergies.
- Use this mask right after you make it. Do not store it or save it for later.
Egg White & Lemon Mask to Firm, Lift, and Tighten the Skin
- 1egg white
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Steps to Make:
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients.
- Remove all makeup first.
- Using your fingers or a gentle makeup brush, apply the mixture in a thin layer to your entire face and neck.
- Spread the mixture evenly across your forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin. Avoid the delicate eye area.
- Leave on for 5-15 minutes.
- Rinse well with temperate water.
- Pat your face dry. Do not rub.
Like this tip? Consider buying my book to get all 52 tips PLUS bonus tips in an easy-to-read format! It’s called A Year of Natural Health and Beauty: 52 Easy, Frugal, Natural Ideas to Enhance Your Mind, Body, and Spirit. You can buy it on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other places. Click here to learn more or to purchase!
Questions for readers:
Do you use eggs or lemons in your skin care routine?