Sometimes you just need a change. A new perspective, a new path, a new role, a new pair of (metaphorical) shoes.
If you’ve been following along, you know what a big fan I am of going upside-down, such as when practicing Legs Up the Wall. Inverting your body helps the blood flow to your brain and can literally help you change your perspective.
But sometimes, merely putting your legs in the air (ahem) won’t be enough to ultimately implement a change in flow.
If that’s the case, there are some easy ways to work small shifts into your day. As these small shifts add up, quantum leaps might occur!
It’s a simple matter of not doing things the way you’ve “always” done them.
Some easy ideas to try:
- Brush your teeth with the opposite hand.
- Exercise at a different time of day.
- Read a genre you don’t normally read: fiction instead of nonfiction, for example.
- Meet friends for ice cream instead of for cocktails.
- Go dancing instead of watching TV.
- Take the scenic route. Even better, get lost and then find your way home without a GPS.
- Bathe instead of shower.
- Take the kids to the woods instead of the beach. Or to the beach instead of Disneyland.
- Kiss your partner when you wake up instead of once you’re out of bed.
- Shake your hips instead of standing still!
Like this tip? Consider buying my book to get all 52 tips PLUS bonus tips in an easy-to-read format! It’s called A Year of Natural Health and Beauty: 52 Easy, Frugal, Natural Ideas to Enhance Your Mind, Body, and Spirit. You can buy it on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other places. Click here to learn more or to purchase!
Questions for readers:
What are some suggestions you have to change things up??