Happy Thursday! It’s been a positively interesting and fulfilling couple of weeks since my last Things I Love Thursday. A lot going on! We had the supermoon, MCA‘s passing, and several change-ups in my freelance lifestyle. I’ve nurtured my IT band with yoga and acupuncture to prepare for this coming Saturday’s Mermaid Half Marathon (!). I finished up Photo-A-Day April, submitted my latest novel a few places, and got a new wetsuit, for which I’d been saving up for a while.
In all, a productive and enriching two weeks. And as always, lots of good stuff around the webs to share with you, my interweb pals. Here are my top picks. Enjoy!
1. From the latest New Yorker:
A healthy reminder of the wisdom of the Fool.
2. Eight ways to stay upbeat on your job hunt, via Savvy Sugar:
Excellent tips for the unemployed as well as for freelancers and solo-preneurs who MUST remain positive while constantly looking for the next lead.
3. See-through Jewel Caterpillar, via Geekologie:
So cool! Nature wins again.
4. Sunset Magazine’s best gear for camping in comfort:
My hardcore backpacker friends would laugh me out of the woods, but this kind of “glamping” is fun, too! 🙂
5. Via Mashable, 11 tips for getting the most out of the new Gmail:
Gmail changed the game, but Google hasn’t been so great about rolling out tips along with the redesigns. Mashable lays it out for us: what’s good, what you can change, and how to do it. Email away!
6. Why does your dog chase its tail? 7×7 Ask a Vet answers:
Warning: be prepared for serious answer and possible sad face. It’s not as cute as it looks, says the vet.
7. Watch 100-year-old Ruth do Pilates and Yoga, via Advanced Style:
This woman can kick your asana! The one life goal I’ve had that has never wavered (unlike other goals, like writing and racing stuff) is to live to be 100. But to live to be 100 and still doing yoga & Pilates?? YEAH, BABY! That’s what I’m talking about!
8. Ten healing teas, via The Wellness Warrior:
I love ginger tea and valerian tea, but some of these I’d never heard of. Get thee to a teapot, tempest, and heal!
9. Ten vegetables with the most fiber, via FitSugar:
Did you know an artichoke has 6.5 grams of fiber? That was news to me!
10. Finally, Frozen Tahini Banana Cups, via the Veggie Nook:
Confession: I still have not made these because we are making our way through our frozen bananas before buying fresh ones, but they are first on my list when we restock. They look super-yum and totally unique!
That’s all for now ~ have a wonderful weekend 🙂
What are some great things you’ve seen this week?
Got any fun plans for the weekend?