If you’ve been following my tips so far, you’ll know how much I love making my own face scrubs. Sometimes, I’ll use a bit of face scrub on my chest or upper arms, but I prefer to have a separate body scrub that’s a little bit coarser.
One of my all-time favorites is ridiculously easy to make, and you probably have all the ingredients already!
Got olive oil?
Got brown sugar?
You’re good to go 🙂
If you don’t have olive oil, you can try a different body oil, like jojoba, almond, or vitamin E. You can also use white sugar instead of brown, but I think the scrubby texture of brown sugar works better for this one.
I like to add a few drops of vanilla or orange essential oil to this scrub. It makes it smell absolutely heavenly, although be aware that it might make you hungry!
The following is my standard body scrub for normal skin not prone to body breakouts.
Stuff to Know:
- Spot test any products or ingredients before using any homemade products on your face, head, or body, especially if you have sensitive skin or are prone to irritation and/or allergies.
- This scrub should be stored in a cool, dark, dry spot and can last for up to 2 weeks.
For a container, I reuse a small plastic jar that once held nut butter. A used jam jar, plastic yogurt cup, or something similar would work, too!
Easy Homemade Body Scrub
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 drops vanilla or orange essential oil (optional)
- In a medium-size bowl, mix together all ingredients.
- Transfer to your container.
- Remove a small amount, the size of a couple of quarters, and spread between your hands.
- Apply in small, circular movements to damp skin, all over your body. Scrub for 1-5 minutes.
- Rinse well with temperate water.
- Pat yourself dry. Do not rub your skin. The olive oil will help to maintain and protect your skin!
Like this tip? Consider buying my book to get all 52 tips PLUS bonus tips in an easy-to-read format! It’s called A Year of Natural Health and Beauty: 52 Easy, Frugal, Natural Ideas to Enhance Your Mind, Body, and Spirit. You can buy it on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other places. Click here to learn more or to purchase!
Questions for readers:
Do you like sweet-smelling body treatments?