Cashew cheese is one of those yummy raw vegan treats that is WAY easier to make than you might ever think.
Before I made it, I thought it would require fancy ingredients or some expensive kitchen tool that I didn’t have. And while there are recipes for cashew cheese that require a dehydrator, this one doesn’t! All you need is a blender or a food processor.
I’ve tried a few variations on this, including adding dill and chopped parsley, both of which are good ~ although it’s great plain, with no additions!
You can also play around with blending it to various consistencies. I usually like it best a little bit textured, as in the pictures here. If you have a super-powered blender, you can get this very smooth.
This cheese is great as a dip for fresh, cut veggies. It’s also great on amaranth bread (see my recipe!), flax crackers (like Mary’s Gone Crackers), and in collard wraps (recipe coming soon!). If you have a favorite way to eat cashew cheese, I’d love to hear it! 🙂
Easy Cashew Cheese (Vegan, Raw)
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 4-6 hours
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- purified water
- 1 tsp. parsley or dill (optional)
- Drain the cashews.
- Put cashews, lemon juice, and salt in a food processor and blend well.
- Gradually add water by the Tbsp. and blend until the cheese reaches your desired consistency. Stir in parsley or dill until mixed.
- Keep refrigerated. Enjoy!
Adjust the recipe as necessary for your needs and tastes. You can determine the nutritional content of your final product using Recipe Calculator.
Do you eat non-dairy cheeses?
Do you have a favorite vegan dip or spread?