A little bite of chocolate is always a good thing.
A little bite of chocolate and almond butter is a very good thing!
These little treats are not only adorable, they’re also healthy! It’s true!
Made with coconut oil and stevia, they are loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats, alkalizing properties, and pure deliciousness.
You could use liquid stevia, but I like the slight crunch of the granulated kind in these candies.
Since coconut oil melts at body temperature, it’s important to keep these nibbles in the freezer or fridge until you’re ready to chomp.
They’ll also start to melt onto your fingertips, but that just means you get to lick off the melted tastiness. Oh, well 🙂
I made these in an empty ice cube tray, but you could use candy trays, or even mini muffin tins. Whatever makes it easier to get them into your mouth quicker will probably be the best choice.
Chocolate-Almond Butter Freezer Bites (Vegan, Gluten-Free, and Sugar-Free!)
- 1 large bar of unsweetened dark chocolate (113g). I used Ghiradelli 100% cacao.
- 6 Tbsp. raw coconut oil
- 8 Tbsp. granulated stevia
- 2 Tbsp. raw almond butter
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil.
- Add the stevia and blend well until melted together.
- Drop 2/3 of the chocolate mix into an ice cube tray and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and divide the almond butter among the 14 pieces.
- Cover the almond butter with the remaining chocolate mix.
- Freeze for 15 minutes. Keep chilled until ready to eat. Enjoy!
Adjust the recipe as necessary for your needs and tastes. You can determine the nutritional content of your final product using Recipe Calculator.
Do you prefer small bites of treats like this, or would you rather have one larger piece (of pie, say)?
How dark do you like your chocolate?