Who wants chocolate?
Do I even need to ask?
It’s the Sunday before Valentine’s Day! Let yourself ~ and your loved ones ~ have a little treat.
Made with stevia in place of sugar, this cake is extremely low in sugars (it is not, however, low in calories or fat! Just a warning ;-))
This intense flavor can also be gussied up with additions of your choice: try orange zest, almond extract, or flavored stevia.
The sea salt adds and unexpected twist that, oooooohhhh, makes my taste buds so, so happy.
BEWARE: this cake is not for the faint of heart!
It is intense, dark, and very rich.
I hear a joke in there about how I like my men… 😉
But it is quite delicious. If you think you’re ready for it, carry on! Only you know your true strength!
Sugarless, Flourless Sea Salt Chocolate Cake
- 1 Tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 4 bars of 100% unsweetened baking chocolate (I used Ghiradelli), broken into pieces
- 8 tsp stevia
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 5 eggs, separated
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Grease an 8″ round cake pan and dust with cocoa powder.
- Using a double boiler, melt together the chocolate and butter until smooth. Stir in the salt and 6 Tbsp of the stevia, then remove from heat.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a separate bowl.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Stir in the remaining 2 Tbsp of stevia until it is fully incorporated into the egg whites.
- Gently stir the egg yolks into the chocolate-butter mixture. Fold in the egg white-stevia mixture until completely incorporated.
- Add the mix to your prepared pan.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
- Let the cake cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack cool completely. Enjoy!
Adjust the recipe as necessary for your needs and tastes. You can determine the nutritional content of your final product using Recipe Calculator.
Do you like your chocolate dark, rich, and intense; soft and milky; or super-sweet and white?
Have you ever made a flourless cake?