No-Sugar-Added Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil of your choice (or use applesauce if you have it! I didn’t have any, so used oil instead)
- 2 eggs or egg replacer
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or gluten-free flour of your choice)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Mash the bananas until they are mostly lump-free.
- With a hand mixer, beat together the banana, oil, eggs, vanilla, and water until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet one, beating well.
- Pour the batter into a gently oiled and floured 9×5 inch loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack before slicing.